Science through Thinglink
Ever used Thinglink before? Thinglink is an interactive media builder that allows you to place a picture as a background and add content to that picture. For this alternative assignment you will be doing just that! You will making a Thinglink using a picture or diagram from the assignment module you are trying to replace and adding content to it showing your understanding of that module.
1. Create a Thinglink account.
2. Pick a diagram/picture that represents the topic of the assignment you are trying to replace. (If you are having difficulty picking an appropriate picture/diagram please consult me)
3. Place that picture/diagram as the background of the Thinglink.
4. Generate 10 "points" on your Thinglink that you will add content to that relates to that topic (Sample content includes: explanations of the picture, reflections, links to additional videos that explain that topic, links to sites that explain the topic further.)
5. At least 5 out of the 10 points must be explanations that are original to you- meaning that you have created or write about that topic.
6. Copy/Paste the link to your Thinglink in the comment section of the assignment you are trying to replace.
If you have any questions, doubts or need additional help, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Science Videos and Learning
Are you a visual learner? Do you love watching videos to learn science concepts? If so, this alternative assignment is for you! Your role is to watch a video (pertaining to the assignment that you are trying to replace) and simply create a presentation using a web 2.0 tool summarizing the concept you just learned about in your video!
1. Pick an assignment that you are trying to replace and use the module name to guide the type of video that you will watch, summarize and create a visual presentation about.
2. Search for an appropriate video (some sources include Bozeman Science, Crash Course, TedTalks, TedED etc). If you cannot find a video from these sources, you may choose one of your liking, but it must be approved by me prior to completing the visual presentation.
3. Create a visual presentation summarizing the concept presented on the video using a web 2.0 tool (any web based presentation tool that you DO NOT need to download, where you can copy/paste the link of your presentation to the assignment you are trying to replace).
4. Copy/Paste the link of your presentation to the assignment you replaced and submit!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!